Business friendly policies, key initiatives and a series of reforms have put India on the global map as one of the fastest growing economies. The country is also one of the most attractive investment destinations in the world. Here’s a look at the top reasons to invest in India in the Food Processing Industry.
- 100% FDI through automatic route in food processing.
- 100% FDI in food retail for food products manufactured/produced in India.
- Food processing units can avail preferential rates under priority sector lending.
- Special fund of Rs. 2,000 crore (US $ 300 million) with NABARD for designated food parks and processing units.
- Regulatory Reforms:
- Food safety standards harmonized with international standards.
- Fiscal Reforms:
- GST implementation to harmonize the tax regime and ensure seamless operations across states.
- Infrastructure Support:
- Mega Food Parks: 42 Mega Food Parks with an investment of US $2.5 Billion. Fully developed plots available for setting up units including plug and play.
- Cold Chain: 200+ Integrated Cold Chain projects with an investment of US $1 Billion.
- Proactive State Investment Policies:
- Attractive investment policies across states.